The PM & Defence Minister Raise Awareness of a State Sponsored Cyber Attack On All Australian Networks
Then went onto say that all businesses in Australia should take immediate Emergency steps to secure their network facing computers.
So, in a nutshell, what do you need to do immediately?
- If you do nothing else, replace highly vulnerable, outdated Win 7 machines with Win 10 - Not Tomorrow - NOW!
- Update and run Anti-Virus/Malware software
- Check ALL email connections are encrypted
- Update & patch all Apps on Win 10 & OSX
- Update all smartphones & tablets systems
- Backup important mission critical data
- Visit https://www.cyber.gov.au for the latest info
- Call The Doc for a confidential chat about keeping you safe
- It's EOFY, so as a precaution. Check your accountant is not using Windows 7 to access or enter your business data. You will be surprised to know how many still are!